The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity Garba Shehu has revealed that there was no fire outbreak inside the Presidential Villa.
He revealed that around 6pm on the 6th of March, a fire broke out burning shrubs between the outer wire fence and walls surrounding the villa. He stated that the fire had been speculated to have started after a passerby dropped a burning cigarette.
He said the bush fire started and ended outside the perimeter fence, as fire fighters were on ground to rescue the situation. He aslo added that there was no loss of life or property.