Health People

Covid-19 : Vaccine Is To Save Lives And Not To End The Pandemic – WHO

Following measures to curb the spread of Coronavirus worldwide, the World Health Organization, WHO, Director-General, Don’t Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has stated that the Covid-19 vaccine does not stop anyone from getting infected, if precautions are not taken.

He stated this while reacting to submission that the availability of the Covid-19 vaccine has ended the Covid-19 pandemic.

While disclosing this on his Instagram page, Dr stated that before the Delta variant of Covid-19, the vaccine reduced chances of infection by 60%, but now that the Delta variant seems everywhere, the chances of not getting infected has reduced to 40%.

He added that the Covid-19 vaccine was just to save lives and not to end the pandemic.

He advised citizens to continue with the usage of nose masks, and washing of hands.


About the author

Esther Ifeoluwa

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Follow Us On

follow us, share and be part of Nigeria premier undiluted news.

Media 1

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Don’t miss out. Get the latest

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.


Media Show

Viral Videos