Politics

Boko Haram Wrecking Havoc in Nasarawa–Abdulahi Sule to Buhari

In a visit to the presidential villa, Abuja on Friday, Nasarawa State Governor, Abdulahi Sule, has complained to Mr. President, Muhammadu Buhari, over the havoc being caused by Boko Haram terrorists in the state.

While briefing newsmen after the meeting, Sule said the state has been faced with security challenges recently.

He further explained that the terrorists who had been dislodged from Toto, their initial hideout camp, have regrouped at the Nasarawa/Benue border and now launch attacks on residents from there, killing and kidnapping.

He also expressed confidence that after his meeting with the president, quick aid will come from the FG to suppress Insurgency in the state.

“We thank the security forces that they have been able to dislodge them. But now, they have gone back and gathered at our border with Benue. And they are causing a lot of havoc”.

“I strongly believe that just like a decision was taken last time to take care of this issue, another decision will be taken.“First and foremost, it was easy for us to know who these people are. If you remember, they used to gather at a place in Toto Local Government Area (LGA). I appealed to Mr. President. Then, the Department of State Services (DSS), the Police, the Air Force and the Army had a joint operation. They were able to dislodge them. A lot of them were killed, some ran away and left members of their families”.

“We took hostage of about 900 members of their families in Lafia, including children and wives. The Special Forces, which we have in Doma, Nasarawa State, took the hostage”s.

“A lot of interrogations were done and most of them confirmed that they were indeed Boko Haram. In fact, they gave us the name of the person who used to be like the second-in-command to Shekau. So, during the interrogation, they confirmed that they were indeed Boko Haram“.

Some of them said they were remnants of Darussalam group that were dislodged from Niger. They came, merged and became Boko Haram. That is how we got our confirmation that they were indeed Boko Haram. They said it themselves.

“In most cases, when they kidnap women, they marry them off. We had a lot of kidnapped women that were married off. We released them back to their various states and families. We got people from about 17 states. A few of them were from the Niger Republic. We handed over those from the Niger Republic to DSS. We handed over those from states to their various governments through DSS offices in their domains.” Sule stated.

About the author

Festus Ezeifedi Chukwuemeka

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Follow Us On

follow us, share and be part of Nigeria premier undiluted news.

Media 1

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Don’t miss out. Get the latest
news!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Ad

Media Show

Viral Videos